Tuesday 4 September 2012

Read and Reviewed June 2012

Read and Reviewed June 25 2012
 
The Ghosts of Poynter has one of the most atmospheric openings that I have ever read. I was hooked from the beginning by the exciting story, the colourful and very believable characters (described brilliantly) and the dark, handsome, and moody protagonist, Chase Tyler.

Chase, the central character, is a combination of charm and aggression, understanding and intolerance. He is an honest and fair man who is essentially good, but would kill in an instant if his life, or the life of someone he loves, is threatened.

After years of being a loner, searching for something he believes is lost to him forever, Chase goes home to Poynter. After an argument where his sister tells him some home truths, Chase is forced to acknowledge is faults and face his demons, and he eventually finds what he has been looking for.

The story has its fair share of surprises and tension, it moves at a pace and at times I couldn't put it down. I loved the ending as much as the beginning, because although it is fraught with difficulties, they are overcome and the story ends happily - with a small question mark. So, has the door been left open for a second book about the charismatic, Chase Tyler? I'd like to think so.

This was my first Western; it won't be be my last.
Crazy Man Cade, will be on the book shelves in October!


7 comments:

  1. Madalyn, Thank you for this, What a lovely review! And another chance to get my name out to more people. Which is always a good thing.
    Take care sweetie speak soon.
    Tanger. XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure, Tanger. I really enjoyed, Ghosts of Poynter, and am looking forward to reading, Crazy Man Cade.

      Delete
    2. Methinks you will enjoy 'Cade' Maddie. He's very sexy! Lean and mean, rough and tough, but with a lovely soft centre. I'm in love! I think I like him better than I liked Chase Tyler.
      Speak soon chuck, take care. X

      Delete
    3. If Crazy Man Cade is sexier than Chase Tyler, he'll definitely be bedtime reading!

      Delete
  2. Great Review Maddie. Makes me look forward to reading The Ghosts of Poynter when I finish my indexing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've convinced me. This is another one for the Kindle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Afraid it ain't out on Kindle yet little lady! Sorry, but Robert Hale are only putting theri older titles on Kindle just now, Though hopefully that may change, I will share the news on Facebook if it does! Cheers. X

      Delete